Sunday 19 April 2015

Healthy Chocolate Cake

Hello lovelies,
Did you know people bake cakes from beans? I always thought that was a bit weird and there is no way it could taste good, right? I mean since when do beans taste of cake?
But hey, you can’t really talk about it until you’ve tried it. So I did.
And wow. Maybe beans do taste of cake? This Chocolate Cake has no flour, no sugar, no milk, no butter – yet it taste of chocolate cake. Good, even GREAT chocolate cake!
This recipe will become one of my keepers, I can tell already (I have just finished eating my second slice as I write this!)
So let’s get down to it.

All you will need
240g of black beans
3 eggs
1 ripe banana
5 dates
3 tbsp cacao
3 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 shot of espresso

Process:
If you can find black beans in a can then lucky you! Because I could not. Which means I had to get dried black beans, lay them in cold water over night & then cook them at a low heat for nearly 2 hours before even starting the baking process.
However, once you have your black beans sorted it is very simple.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Add your beans, eggs, banana, dates, cacao, almond milk, packing powder and shot of espresso in a blender and blend it up.
Make sure the mixture is smooth – if in doubt, blend a little longer!
Pour the mixture into your preferred baking shape with some parchment paper so that it does not stick and place it in the oven.
Bake for roughly 25mins.
Let is cool and then add some berries & powder sugar on top if you would like.

Serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!


What I have learnt is that baking with beans sounds a lot weirder than it taste. Give this recipe a try, I am sure you won’t be disappointed. If you do, make sure to use the hashtag #debsterariella so that I can see your delicious creations and feature you on my page!

Wishing you a wonderful day
Love,

3 comments:

  1. I love this type of healthy chocolate ! great recipe thanks :)


    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give the recipe a try! so delish :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete